Tuesday, July 19, 2011

7/10/11

I had a bad day on Sunday. One of the guys we know in Jinja, Chris, is a pretty cool English guy who's living here indefinitely to help start and run an orphanage. He's pretty tech savvy too, and offered for me to come over in the morning for an hour or so, so he could help me jailbreak and unlock my iPhone. I wanted to do this because then it could work on MTN's local network here, so we could make calls on it and stuff, which sounded cool. Plus, data usage through MTN is very cheap, and we'd then. Be able to check our email and the news from home- very convenient, right? It was the perfect plan.

But alas, four hours later, my hoped had gone from "turn my iPhone into something better than it is" to "get my iPhone working again" to "get the hell out of here, bricked iPhone be damned, I am so frustrated right now." So without going into the boring technical reasons it didn't work, alas, my beloved iPhone now doesn't turn on. I'll be able to fix it when I get back to the US, but for now it is dead. RIP for now, beloved friend.

My mood further deteriorated when I learned that bungee jumping over the Nile costed $95, not $60, because they'd raised the price 5 days ago and no, they couldn't give a discount because I'd heard the old price... so no bungee jump. Sigh.

However, Anne Marie and the girls had a great morning shopping and seeing the sights of Jinja-town, and after a tasty lunch together we headed back to Iganga, spirits high again and enjoying the company of our new friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment